TIL accepts submissions on a rolling basis and authors should keep the following in mind when preparing submissions:
• Submissions may not exceed 10,000 words (including footnotes).
• Footnotes must conform with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (most recent edition).
• Authors should be prepared to provide cited sources upon request.
• In addition to the manuscript, authors must include a résumé or CV that includes a list of current publications.
• Submissions must include the author’s email address and phone number.
• We appreciate all submissions and will notify authors of acceptance or rejection as quickly as possible.
• Preferably, submissions should be emailed in Microsoft Word format to the Editor-in-Chief (email@example.com). Alternatively, hard-copy submissions may be mailed via USPS along with a soft copy (in Microsoft Word format) to:
The International Lawyer
Southern Methodist University
Dedman School of Law
P.O. Box 750116
Dallas, TX 75275
All manuscripts undergo a process of peer review that takes three to four weeks. Once an article has been selected for publication, the Editor-in-Chief will contact the author with further information on the publication process. The author should expect to work closely with the Managing Editor during the editorial process prior to the article’s final publication. Although publication is normally nine to twelve months after a manuscript is accepted, TIL reserves the right to move accepted manuscripts from the committed issue to a later issue.